by Khairy Farhan
If you’re a parent, and you’ve asked yourself this question many times over, then you’re reading the right article.
There are many reasons to the question, and you’ve heard the same answers from other parents, relatives and friends. Some of the common ones include:
1) They prefer to play games.
2) They prefer to waste their time on social media platforms, like Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
3) They prefer to watch television and watch videos on YouTube.
But have you thought of the question: why?
Why do they like to play do all things for hours on end?
What do they get out of it?
It’s simple: it’s about how these things make them feel. And there are three basic feelings that they get.
1) They get a sense of achievement.
2) They feel good about themselves.
3) They feel trusted and appreciated.
Now let’s think about you and your workplace.
Some of you may have bosses you’ve enjoyed working for and some of you may have bosses you’ve loathed and despised.
And I can bet that the bosses that you enjoyed working for have made you feel positive about yourself in the following three ways:
RELATED: Parenting and Self-Questioning
1) You get a sense of achievement.
2) You feel good about yourself.
3) You feel trusted and appreciated.
See what I’m getting at?
Start thinking of ways where you can start making your children and family members feeling those three positive feelings.
In the next article, I will share 3 simple ways how you can start changing your environment at home so that you can start supporting your child’s academic endeavors.